Happy New Year!
2016 was an eventful year for me. Throughout the year, I would recall things I had done and think did all that really happen this year? There seems to be a general consensus among the people of the interwebs that 2016 wasn’t the best year for the world, but it was personally a good year for me. I feel like I can proudly say I went through a lot of ✧character development✧ this year.
My 2016 resolutions weren’t very specific (ex. read more, exercise more, be more positive), but I think I still accomplished them regardless of that fact. I’m keeping my resolutions very general again since it worked last year and it puts less pressure on me. In 2017, I want to:
- Take more pictures. Last January, I started a photo diary. I wanted to chronicle my life someway, and photos seemed to be the easiest way. Most of the pictures I took ended up being sunsets (see below). This year I want to make a conscious effort to take pictures of what I’m doing
(instead of just the sky)because it’s nice being able to look back at the moment.
- Talk to more people. I’d like to think that I’ve gotten better at conversing with people since I’ve started college, and it’s something I want to continue to improve on.
- Push myself out of my comfort zone. I’m perfectly fine with staying alone in my room all day, but I miss out on a lot of social events because of this. I want to be more proactive this year in making plans with people and trying new things.
- Read the books I mentioned in my post, 5 Books I Finally Want to Read in 2017.
- Read more graphic novels. I read my first graphic novels last year, Nimona and Giant Days, and I really enjoyed them. Let me know of any good graphic novels so I can read them!
- Read more horror books. I went through a horror phase years ago
(I was an //edgy// sixth grader, if you really want to know), and it’s a genre that I’ve been meaning to explore more of. I’m open to book recommendations since all I know of the genre is R.L. Stine and Stephen King (fear street books were my shit).
- Establish a post schedule for this blog. I’ve been posting sporadically ever since I started this blog at the end of November last year. I’ll feel more satisfied with this blog once I can regularly put out content.
- Complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge of 50 books as well as the other challenges I’m participating in this year.