This is a first.
I’ve had my fair share of tags, but none have ever been the award type. I’ve seen this particular award around quite a bit—The Sunshine Blogger Award seems almost like a rite of passage into the bookish community. So, thank you, Book Orbit, for nominating me! She’s relatively new to the blogging scene so do drop by her blog and say “hi” 😊.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I love that it provides me with an interactive platform to push myself to express my own thoughts whether or not they’re about books. Everyone (that I’ve come across so far) in the bookish blogging community is open to civil discussions and really supportive of each other. It makes me so happy that such a polite and sweet group of people exists 😊💗.
2. Have you met a fellow blogger face to face?
Nope! The thought of meeting one of you IRL both excites and scares me. I am forever an awkward person, but I can talk and crack cringey puns nonstop once I warm up. It’s my dream to go to a book con one day and be among a sea of bookworms.
3. What is your favorite TV show?
ᴺᴼ, ᵀᴼᴼ ᴹᴬᴺᵞ ᵀᵛ ˢᴴᴼᵂ 🙅.
Since I refuse to choose just one show, I will list as many as I can remember being obsessed with:
𝘋𝘖𝘊𝘛𝘖𝘙 𝘞𝘏𝘖, 𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘒𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘙𝘌𝘊𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕, 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘔𝘜𝘕𝘐𝘛𝘠, 𝘉𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘓𝘠𝘕 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌, 𝘜𝘕𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘒𝘈𝘉𝘓𝘌 𝘒𝘐𝘔𝘔𝘠 𝘚𝘊𝘏𝘔𝘐𝘋𝘛, 𝘉𝘓𝘈𝘊𝘒 𝘔𝘐𝘙𝘙𝘖𝘙, 𝘚𝘛𝘙𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚, 𝘉𝘖𝘉’𝘚 𝘉𝘜𝘙𝘎𝘌𝘙𝘚
4. What is your biggest fear?
One of my loved ones dying 🙅.
5. Do you have any pets?
Not anymore. I had a German Shepard and Doberman growing up though!
6. How many books have you read, so far, this year?
19 books out of my 50 book goal! I’m actually one book behind according to Goodreads. I think I may bust out some comic books and short stories now to put myself ahead of schedule 😏. Graphic novel suggestions would be highly appreciated!
7. Tea or coffee?
Oof. Neither. I’m that boring person who only drinks water. *ᴮᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼ !! ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴜᴄᴋ, ʙᴇʟʟᴇ!*
8. Where is your favorite reading spot?
Honestly, anywhere that I can comfortably lie down (i.e. beds, sofas, the floor).
9. How happy are you today on a sale of 1 to 10?
I had ice cream, Cheetos™, and around eight chocolate chip cookies today
(I KNOW I’M GONNA GET DIABETES BUT ALSO THE COOKIES WERE REALLY THIN SO LET ME LIVE), so I’d give today a solid ８ ｏｕｔ ｏｆ １０.
10. Which era do you wish you could visit?
This is tough. I think I’d want to visit the 1960s for a number of reasons. It’s a very important decade in history in respect to politics and my family’s lives.
11. Favorite quote?
You can see all of my favorite quotes by clicking HERE. My all-time favorite quote though is:
“It’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. If you see what I mean.”
– Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
Being a Book Nerd 🌞 Dani @ Perspective of a Writer 🌞 Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx Books 🌞 Escape Life In The Pages 🌞 Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek 🌞 Kathy @ Books & Munches 🌞 Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books 🌞 Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams 🌞 Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books 🌞 Michaela @ Journey into Books 🌞 Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess 🌞 Vikki @ The Mundane Teenage Life
Please don’t feel pressured into answering these questions! Just know that I adore you all and your content 🙂.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What type of posts are your favorite to make?
- Do you have any other hobbies/interests besides reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- Are there any “buzzwords” in book synopses that will make you pick up the book without fail?
- We’re half-way through the year! How have you been keeping up with your New Years resolutions?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- If you had round-trip ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Is there anything exciting happening currently or soon in your life?
BONUS/SUBSTITUTION QUESTION IF YOU DON’T WANT TO ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE: Favorite quote? 😏